Roses and Thorns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum of the Defiance guild, Roses and Thorns

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your 5-Minute Guide to ERP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kalexander

Kalexander

Your 5-Minute Guide to ERP Empty
PostSubject: Your 5-Minute Guide to ERP   Your 5-Minute Guide to ERP EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:17 pm

Details technology has transformed the way we live and the way we do enterprise. ERP, or Enterprise Resource Organizing, is one of most widely implemented organization software program devices in a wide variety of industries and organizations. In this short article, well try to concisely explain the fundamental yet critical concepts relevant to ERP.

What is ERP?

ERP would be the acronym of Enterprise Resource Setting up. ERP definition refers to both ERP software package and small business strategies that implement ERP techniques. ERP implementation utilizes several ERP software package applications to enhance the performance of organizations for:
1) resource intending
2) management manage
3) operational control

ERP Programs

ERP is much additional than a piece of personal computer software. A ERP Process includes ERP Software program, Company Processes, Users and Hardware that run the ERP software package. An ERP system is far more than the sum of its parts or components. Those elements interact together to attain a frequent goal – streamline and strengthen organizations’ organization processes.

Benefits of ERP

ERP computer software attempts to integrate company processes across departments onto a single enterprise-wide facts method. The major benefits of ERP are improved coordination across functional departments and increased efficiencies of doing company. The implementation of ERP techniques help facilitate day-to-day management as well. ERP computer software systems is originally and ambitiously designed to support resource preparing portion of strategic intending. In reality, resource preparing has been the weakest link in ERP practice due to the complexity of strategic intending and lack of adequate integration of ERP with Decision Support Systems (DSS).

ERP Failures

We couldnt conclude our brief guide to ERP without mentioning ERP failures. The failure of multi-million dollar ERP projects are reported once in a although even after 20 years of ERP implementation. We have identified the four components of an ERP Technique:
1) ERP computer software
2) Business Processes that ERP software program supports
3) Users of ERP systems
4) Hardware and Operating Devices that run ERP applications

The failures in one or far more of those four components could cause the failure of an ERP project.

It's not what you thought it would be, sorry to disappoint you people. Very Happy

PS: I kinda stole it from somewhere. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ikamos

Ikamos

PostSubject: Re: Your 5-Minute Guide to ERP   Your 5-Minute Guide to ERP EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:16 pm

LOL - The moment I saw this, and saw you started the topic Kalex, I was like '' Why am I NOT surprised it's Kalex? '' then I was like '' Lol nice one. ''

*Thumb of Approval*
Back to top Go down
Nyra

Nyra

PostSubject: Re: Your 5-Minute Guide to ERP   Your 5-Minute Guide to ERP EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:29 am

Yeah, Kalex...

... you just taught me "ERP" has several meanings. <.<

Thumbs up on the professional stuff written above, though :3
Back to top Go down
Kalexander

Kalexander

PostSubject: Re: Your 5-Minute Guide to ERP   Your 5-Minute Guide to ERP EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 4:14 pm

Quote :
Yeah, Kalex...

... you just taught me "ERP" has several meanings. <.<

Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your 5-Minute Guide to ERP   Your 5-Minute Guide to ERP Empty

Back to top Go down

Your 5-Minute Guide to ERP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum